This team normally reviews the first proposal draft and are also known as Proposal Strategy Review. Their focus is on narrative, detail, intent, checking for consistency between sections to make sure that win themes, discriminators, and benefits, themes are maintained throughout the draft. Some of the responsibilities of Pink Team Review is to ensure that all the following points are totally met:
- proposal volume is outlined adequately
- content is customer-oriented, compelling, and complete
- the proposal is completely responsive to the the RFP requirements
- graphics, figures, and tables convey the intended message
- every section is concisely written and is fully compliant to the RFP
- win themes convince the customer that the proposal has the right solution
The reason why this review occurs right after the proposal has been written is because it offers an opportunity for the proposal development team to make certain corrections if needed early enough in the process.