This contract was evaluated on a competitive best value source selection using Subjective Tradeoff source selection process. There were three evaluation factors:
(1) Technical (Combined Technical Capability & Risk)
(3) Small Business Participation
Technical is most important and significantly more important than Price. The greater the equality of Technical proposals the more important Price became in selecting the best value for the Government.
Technical Volume Subfactors:
The Technical Volume was evaluated under 4 Subfactors, some of which has separate Aspects that were evaluated:
Subfactor A: Human Resources
- Aspect I: Recruitment/Retention
- Aspect II: Pilot Training/Qualifications
- Aspect III: Pilot Currency
Subfactor B: Aircraft Sustainment
- Aspect I: Logistics Plan
- Aspect II: Extended Support Structure
Subfactor C: Aircraft Availability
Subfactor D: Aircraft Enhancements
As far as evaluation was concerned, Subfactors A and B were of equal importance; Subfactors C and D were also equal in importance but were significantly more important than Subfactors A and B.